295. William7, (John8) Openshaw was born in Prob., Lancashire, England about
1815/1816. (1841 Census Hyde, Stockport, Cheshire)
He married Esther Moss 4 February 1838 at the Oldham Parish Church, Oldham, Cheshire, England. Esther was born 1815/1816 in
England. (1841 Census, Hyde, Stockport, Cheshire)
Her father was deceased at the time of her marriage. William and Esther where living in Newport, Rhode Island druring the 1850 census. William was employed as
a Mule Skinner. Neither William nor Esther appear in the 1860 or subsequent census', either in the US or in England. The only Openshaw to appear in the 1856/57 Newport
Directory is a Samuel Openshaw.
William Openshaw and Esther Moss had the following children:
James6 Openshaw was born 29 April 1839.
Robert Openshaw was born 2 Oct 1840 in Stockport, Cheshire, England. He was a master Tinsmith. He married Margaret
Emmott on 28 Nov 1861 in Providence, RI. Margaret was born 8 Nov 1841 in Shipley, Yorkshire, England, the daughter of William and Mary (Lightfoot)
They had four children:
Robert died 8 Jul 1918 in Elgin, IL. Martha died 17 Sep 1930 in Elgin, IL.
- William Emmett Openshaw b. 23 Jan 1863 in Rhode Island. He died 2 Feb 1863.
- James William Openshaw b. 1866 in Wisconsin. d. aft 1947. Married Rose Ann Baker in 1900. Rose was born 24 Oct 1885 in England to John Baker and Mathilda Dacoman and died
in Eglin, IL 12 Mar 1939. They were both watchmakers at Elgin National Watch Factory.
- Lillian Martha Openshaw b. Mar 1876 in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Married William John Meadows 18 May 1892 in Racine, WI. William was born 26 Mar 1864 in
Lyons, Walworth, WI to William Meadows and Ann Armstrong. He died 21 Jul 1926 in Elgin, IL. He was a superintendent at Borden's Milk Co. They had:
- William Robert Meadows b. 16 Jul 1895 in Janesville, WI. He was working at Bordens Malted Milk Co in 1918. He married Edna in 1917.
- Howard Ash Meadows b. 27 Oct 1899 in Elgin, IL. iHe was working at Bordens Malted Milk Co in 1918. He married Winnifred in 1920.
- Alice L. Meadows b. 10 Feb 1902 in Elgin, IL. She attended Northwestern University. Life Insurance Broker. She died 25 May 1981 in Flint, Genesee,
- George C. Meadows b. 1906 in IL. He married Gertrude Carr in 1925. She was born in Elgin, IL 7 Feb 1898 to Charles Loveless Carr and Ella Marie Salisbury
. They had George Charles Meadows b. 1 Feb 1928.
- Mary Esther Openshaw b. 6 Jul 1878 in Lyons, Wisconsin. She was never married. D. 9 Sep 1930. She was buried 13 Sep 1930 in Bluff City Cemetery, Elgin, IL.
Send email to preparer: firstname.lastname@example.org
Return to Table of Contents or Index
Go to Next Page
Go to Previous Page